Effective 1 January 2016
We handle personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. The information that we collect will depend on the specific Services that we are providing to you.
In general, though, we collect the following types of personal information:
- your name;
- information we need to contact you, such as your telephone number, mailing address, or email address;
- the name of your company and your position;
- your device ID, device-type, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our site, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the Services that we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver the Services and respond to your enquiries;
- any other information relating to you that you provide to us directly, including information provided through the Services or customer surveys; and
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information when you:
- register to use the Services;
- contact our support team; or
- interact with or use the Services (for instance, when you upload content to the Services).
We will only ask for your personal information from you directly. If you provide personal information to us about another person (for instance, personal information contained in content that you upload to the Website using the Services), you must ensure that:
- the person to whom the personal information relates has authorised you to provide that personal information to us; and
You can choose to deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym, but it may mean that we are unable to provide the Services.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Services;
- to respond to your queries (for instance, to verify your identity when you contact us for support);
- to send you support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and other information that you request;
- to send you marketing and promotional information or other information that may be of interest to you, such as information about an event, special offer or services offered by our business partners;
- to understand your preferences, such as your language preferences;
- to update and maintain the quality of the personal information that we have collected; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purposes above. Under some circumstances, we may be required to keep some of your personal information for a specified period of time as required by law, including legal obligations relating to corporations, money laundering, and financial reporting legislation.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of the Services or in connection with providing the Services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- ther persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Security of your personal information
We hold your personal information in electronic and/ or hard copy form. We engage a third party cloud provider to store your information securely.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In particular, any electronic communications over the internet (including email, information that you provide to us using the Website, or content that you upload to the Services) are vulnerable to interception by third parties.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
If You register for the Chinese or Hong Kong Services, we disclose personal information outside of Australia to our related parties and third party suppliers.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Links to other websites
Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If you register for the Services and have set up an online account, you are able to access and update some of your personal information by visiting the “Profile” page after you successfully logon to the Website. You can also request that we update or correct any personal information that we hold about you by contacting our Help Desk. We will process Your request as soon as possible, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds. In some circumstances, eVision may need to arrange access to Your personal information through a person whom Your employer authorises.
Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We do not provide any warranty, make any representation as to, or accept responsibility for, the accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness or completeness, now or in the future, of any personal information that you provide.
Subscribing and Unsubscribing from mailing lists
In connection with your use of the Services, we may send you notifications, promotional material, service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications by contacting our Help Desk.
Notifying us of a Privacy Breach
If you wish to report a privacy breach, suspect there is a privacy breach, or wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, please contact our Help Desk. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will respond to your complaint within 30 business days and endeavour to resolve any issues as soon as possible. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
You should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any misuse of your password, and immediately change your password within the Services or via the “Forgotten Password” link on our Website.
Help Desk: email@example.com